Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Shopping!

Are you one of those people who can't get a round of xmas shopping in without treating yourself to a little something?  Well consider yourself forgiven.  You deserve it for dealing with gridlock parking lots, rain, kids (your own or others'), lines, and paralyzing indecision (again, your own or others').  Here's what I got myself during yesterday's gift haul:
It's so great.  I saw it in a gift set and went directly to the Chanel counter to get the full-priced single.  What can I say.  When you see "the one" you just know.  This is actually my first true red shade.  I never thought of myself as a true red nail or lip kind of girl but I am going to have to re-think that because I'm in love with this.  It's the perfect holiday color too. 

The first coat went on a little fuchia but by the second coat it was true to the bottle, and even a bit more burgundy than it looks in the picture (which looks downright pink on my monitor - sorry, again with my dreams of getting a real camera).  Chanel gets a lot of flack for chipping but I've found that this stays on as well as any of my Dior shades, although not as well as Guerlain or Illamasqua. 

I also found these amazing gift sets for some lovely ladies on my list: 


 
 
These both feature Philosophy's  miraculous shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath-in-one as well as an extra matching festive product.  There were even more selections at Nordstrom and most are around $25 and under.  Perfect for teachers, friends, in-laws, people for whom you need to get a "little something" and more affordable (and more useful imho) than a starbucks card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment