Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Foundation brush challenge day 2: Bobbi Brown pulls ahead on a technicality

I purchased the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush yesterday.  It is a work of art.  It has the silky-yet-firm quality you want in a foundation brush and I like how compact it is, though this is a problem for some reviewers.  Despite it's high marks the one flaw reviewers have pointed out might be prohibitive for me since I'm using it with liquid foundation.  I unboxed it last night and gave it an initial rince with the Clinique brush cleaner and stuck it upright in a brush cup overnight and by morning...still wet.  And not just a little damp, really wet.  The density of the design makes it such that this brush may never dry if you're cleaning it every day.  Which, for liquid foundation, is kind of a must.  This is a dealbreaker for me.  I am liking the foundation brush concept so far, even with the daily cleaning.  I've adopted a technique that leaves even less waste and less product to clean out of the brush (this isn't groundbreaking - dispense the foundation on the back of your hand and dip the brush into the product).  But the brush needs to dry between uses to guard against bacteria buildup and keep the foundation application consistent.  So either this is getting returned or I will have to switch it out with another brush every other day.  Given my lack of tolerance for clutter I am fairly fixed on returning it. 

Coming soon: after my week long brush challenge I will use one day to test the amount of pumps of product I have been using with a brush against the amount I would have to use with a sponge to answer forever the question of the net waste using a sponge produces vs a brush.  This will be very scientific and exciting so stay-tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment